Senior Manager Financial Systems, The Kraft Heinz Company, Public Company; Food Service
- Managed design and build of global reporting application to ensure project timelines were met and costs were within budget.
- Coordinated work among financial systems, accounting, consultant and third-party resources to ensure the quality of design, build and data met requirements and quality standards.
- Manage application change requests for metadata, logic and security to ensure they conform to SOX and Corporate Governance standards.
- Trained global subject matter experts in Finance to ensure support and application acceptance by the various reporting regions and business groups.
- SAP load time reduction: Decreased month-end data load/reporting process and improved accuracy by automating the North America GL extract adjustments being loaded to consolidation application.
- Intercompany balance time reduction: Created functionality to match balances at base, parent and on an ad-hoc basis for month-end reporting (daily 4 hr. manual process replaced by 10 min. macro).
- Reconciliation time reduction: Created logic within external reporting application to allow reconciliation to internal reporting application without compromising security (daily 4 hr. manual process replaced by additional 5 min. of consolidation).
- Business Objects budget accuracy improvement: Automated budget extract processing to improve data accuracy and reduce the time to perform adjustments (4 hr. manual process replaced by 30 mins. of macros).
EPM Senior Consultant, TopDown Consulting, Privately Held; Information Technology
- Delivered consolidation, planning and analysis applications aligned to strategic initiatives of the company.
- Led information gathering sessions and provided findings for an accurate requirement and design document.
- Met with senior management to provide project status and review accomplishments and next steps.
- Oracle Hyperion Planning: Delivered rolling forecast application, improving time and accuracy at Iron Mountain and at Monterrey Mushrooms.
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM): Delivered application replaced two existing applications at CoBank and replaced spreadsheets at The Doctors’ Company, improving reporting time and accuracy.
- Essbase application update: Delivered logic for foreign currency translations at Snap-On Tools, eliminating manual processing and human error.
- Hyperion Financial Reporting/ Oracle Training: Delivered financial report design and build based on regional reporting needs, while aligning to global standard at NRG, delivered pre-implementation review of functions and features of latest version Oracle EPM applications at MGM Studios.
Financial Systems Manager, Case New Holland (CNH), Public Company; Manufacturing
- Managed application change requests for metadata, logic and security to ensure they conform to SOX and Corporate Governance standards.
- Managed vendor licensing and service level agreements including off-hours support, application upgrades, trouble ticket management.
- Coordinated the gathering, review and variance analysis of annual budget in reporting application.
- Financial report processing time reduction: Decreased reporting costs by automating report jobs out of HFM without impact on productivity (approx. 2 hrs./day/FP&A employee).
- SOX Audit time reduction: Reduced the time and cost to perform system audits by creating a database for recording approved requests and generating change files (weeklong process reduced to 1 day).
Senior Analyst, InteliStaf Healthcare, Privately Held; Staffing and Recruiting
- Managed Essbase applications updates including metadata, load rules and logic to ensure they conform to SOX and Corporate Governance standards.
- Developed views in Analyzer to present key performance indicators and rank branch performance by business-critical criteria.
- Automated and executed monthly reporting process that included branch reports and performance analysis, through automated aggregation, PDF report preparation and targeted email distribution.
- PeopleSoft GL to Hyperion Essbase to Financial Report process: Reduced report generation process from 2 days to 2 hours by automating the report generation and distribution process using batch and VBA tools.
Analyst, CDW, Privately Held; Information Technology and Services
- Prepared annual plan for IT based on feedback from CIO
- Prepared annual plan for CDW-G based on feedback from President.
- Prepared total compensation plan for total CDW by base, bonus, overtime, tax and other compensation. Delivered monthly variance reports by organization, department and functional area.
- Prepared capital expenditure plan for executive management team.
- Managed the implementation of planning application with detail for payroll planning, sales planning and total budget utilizing internal and third-party resources. Designed and delivered appropriate security to highly sensitive employee payroll data detail.
- Maintained application through replicated partitions, load rules and calc scripts as well as the outline to maintain to main synchronization with Accounting's Essbase cube.
- PeopleSoft Payroll Process improvement: Created a database that was used as a substitute for PeopleSoft during annual salary process two years in a row, saving the company $50K in consulting fees and 2 weeks of work by management.
- Hyperion Planning reporting/analysis improvement: Created a custom workforce cube that reduced the time to produce compensation variance reports from 2.5 days to 3 hrs.